Evolution Funding launched in 2002 with a very clear vision: to become the UK’s leading motor finance intermediary.
Not only have we achieved this goal but along the way we’ve also become the leading automotive funding and retailing group in the UK.
We’re proud of our achievements and we hope you enjoy reading through the milestones of our unprecedented growth.
- First Chesterfield office is openedAug-2003
After a year of Jeremy Levine (CEO) establishing the business, we lease our first office at Dunston Hole Farm. The business has been joined by Directors Lee Streets and Chris Coverdale, along with James Burke, Lucy Hannant and Emma Barley. These people are all key to the business today.
- 50 cases in a monthSep-2003
- 240 cases in a monthMar-2006
- Evolution expands to Thompson Close siteJul-2006
Our ambitious growth plans and ongoing expansion mean we need more space. We start by leasing an office at Thompson Close, Chesterfield and go on to buy this and other surrounding units as more people are employed.
- TURNOVER – £8.9 MILLIONDec-2008
- First rental deal completedSep-2009
We start by building up a fleet of vehicles to cater for our staff and large salesforce. This leads to us agreeing a rental deal on a Nissan Qashqai for Anthony Allen, former English rugby union player and now coach for Leicester Tigers. Subsequent deals are agreed for other professional rugby players, marking the start of our vehicle rentals division, now called EVOGO.
- TURNOVER – £10.5 MILLIONDec-2010
- 500 cases in a monthMar-2011
- Mike Brewer Motors Sheffield opensDec-2012
The first of our car dealerships opens on Bramall Lane in Sheffield. The brand is spearheaded by car dealer turned TV presenter Mike Brewer and launches with high levels of interest and support.
- Key Accounts division is launchedJan-2013
Tasked with the strategy, growth and development within the UK’s Top 100 franchised dealer groups, the Key Accounts division has seen significant growth, winning some of the UK’s largest top dealer groups and used car supermarkets.
- 1000 cases in a monthSep-2013
- TURNOVER – £16.9 MILLIONDec-2013
- £87,000,000Dec-2013Brokerage Annual New Business Advances
- Evolution Extra is launchedJan-2014
A game changing service like no other in the market, Evolution Extra is our rate for risk offering designed to offer more acceptances to our supporting dealers and their customers.
- £148,000,000Dec-2014Brokerage Annual New Business Advances
- 122 EmployeesDec-2014
- Mike Brewer Buys Your Car is launchedFeb-2015
Our online car buying service is launched with the same approach and ethos of the already successfuly Mike Brewer Motors brand. Customers are promised a fair price for a fair description, with no haggling or quibbling, no additional admin fees and fast payouts.
- 2000 cases in a monthMar-2015
- My Car Credit is launchedJun-2015
Our direct-to-consumer offering, My Car Credit, is launched. Aimed at customers who wish to apply for finance online, applicants are given an instant, online decision without affecting their credit file.
- Mike Brewer Motors Accident Repair opensJul-2015
Based in Chesterfield, our bodyshop and accident repair centre is fully equipped to handle all types of accident damage, from low impact repair work, to high impact repairs where vehicles have sustained damage on more than one panel, through to body framework straightening.
- TURNOVER – £38.7 MILLIONDec-2015
- £240,000,000Dec-2015Brokerage Annual New Business Advances
- 171 EmployeesDec-2015
- 3000 cases in a monthMar-2016
- Vehicle prep and rental centre purchasedApr-2016
With unprecedented expansion across our retail and rental brands, we require more space and so we purchase a 65,000 sq.ft. warehousing premises on Upwell Street in Sheffield. This now houses our Mike Brewer Motors vehicle preparation centre and our EVOGO rental division.
- Evolution Funding joins ELITE programmeApr-2016
Evolution Funding joins ELITE, the London Stock Exchange Group’s innovative support programme for inspiring growth businesses. They join just 46 companies accepted onto the fifth cohort of the UK programme, 16 of which are UK companies representing a diverse range of sectors.
- Mike Brewer Motors Luton opensMay-2016
Four years after the launch of our Sheffield dealership, we open our second dealership in Luton. The official opening event is attended by prolific members of the Luton business community and the Mayor of Luton, Cllr Tahir Khan.
- Evolution Rental becomes EVOGOJun-2016
Seven years after the launch of our rental division, we rebrand from Evolution Rental to EVOGO, with the goal of attracting an end-consumer market. The EVOGO product is disruptive to both traditional leasing and outright vehicle purchase.
- £305,000,000+Dec-2016Brokerage Annual New Business Advances
- 268 EmployeesDec-2016